Why buy Pub Insurance?

Anyone running a pub today should look at Pub Insurance. It provides valuable protection against anything that might interrupt your business including, fire, theft or accidental damage. It also helps protect you against potential litigation, and provides cover for your employees, clientele, and their property. And because it wraps all the cover you may need in one policy, you often save significant sums when you buy Pub Insurance as a single policy.

What do Pub Insurance policies include?

Generally Pub Insurance will include Buildings and Contents cover together with Employer, Public and Product Liability cover, plus any other specialist cover you may need.


Employers’ Liability protects any of your employees while they are working for you, typically up to the value of £10 million. As an employer, you are legally obliged to have this insurance, even if you only have part-time bar staff.


Public and Products Liability cover is normally included and covers you against the personal accident of any of your clientele while on your premises, as well as accidental damage to their property.


You might choose Pub Insurance that includes Trade Contents cover for all your wines, spirits and beverages. This could also protect food on your premises, and produce in kitchens, as well as stock like cigarettes.


There are several other cover options designed to help protect you against loss of earnings should you be unable to trade, and against potential litigation from anyone visiting your premises. Additional cover can include: loss of income, replacement locks, household contents, loss of license, loss of money, personal accident/assault and glass replacement.